You can find inspiration in so many places and ways and often it is post in other great blogs. Today I felt inspired by a post of UK blog “Kate Takes 5″ and her post about “5 reasons I know I’m a…Mother” and some great spin-offs on other blogs, so in my newly declared quest to get dads more involved in their wife’s blogs and I wanted to invite all of you to participate as a guest poster at least once in a while. Now this is not supposed to be a hugely sophisticated and super-thought-through list, but the first five things that come to mind.
So without any further ado – here are my 5 reasons I know I am a Dad:
- I know all the latest news of “Les Heros d’Higglyville” (“Higglytown Heroes”), “La Maison de Mickey” (“Mickey’s Clubhouse”) and “Stella & Sacha” (Stella & Sam”), but have no idea about what is happening in my own town.
- “Sleeping in” means getting woken up at 6.30 am.
- Many nights have been spent humming “The Big Bang Theory”‘s “Soft kitty” in the faint hope of getting Nico to fall asleep again in less than two hours.
- On car trips all we hear is “100 Bottles of Pop on the Wall” and 20 other songs like that – in repeat cycle…up to three hours straight (then chances are that either he’s asleep or he’s been acting up enough to warrant the penalty of no more CD).
- Getting from one end to the other of the house is like an obstacle course, trying to dodge plush toys, other toys, step stools, beans, dry pasta, kitchen utensils, shopping carts, tools and other assorted, eh, things.
Now it is your turn – give us your 5 reasons you know you are a Dad, ask your wife to let you guest post on her blog (unless, of course, you are one of the few blogging Dads), come back here and link up below and share!
( Collection closed )
Link tool by Inlinkz