So we got this pocket lounge mat for Nico for our trip the other day, since one of the hotels only mentioned 1 bed. A few days before I set it up to make sure he likes it and gets used to it. I was preparing another game with pompoms for him to bring, so he grabbed it and made his own game. Pompoms toss! At first he tossed them in randomly, then we had him toss the colors as well as sizes together (we had small and big ones).
1) If you don’t have the mat, put clear plastic cups in a muffin tin to be able to do the same games
2) Put numbers on papers at the bottom of the holes and have them toss the right number in each hole.
3) Draw/cut colored circles on paper (or cut construction paper) to match your pompoms colors and put them at the bottom of the holes. Have them toss the right colors in the right holes.
4) Put numbers on colored circles in the holes and have them toss the right number of the right color pompoms for some counting and colors.
5) Draw/cut +, -, x, ÷, = to do some math operations. You can use the numbers from option 1 to make up the operations (with or without answers) or leave it blank so they can make up their own. You can also just put the signs with an answer and let them fill in the blanks (ex:_+_=6)
6) Take the colored circles and +, = to play colors mixing game, give the answer with a colored circle for young kids. You can let the older ones guess on their own
If you like what you see, follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with what we’re up to!