(Oct. 17, 2012) Since I had Nico, I rarely make anything but muffins, I was going through a french magazine the other day and I came across this recipe. Now I don’t like cheese cake, but Alex loves them. He doesn’t buy them since he’s the only one eating them and it’s too expensive to waste. I hear it’s a lot of work to make them too, so when I saw this quick, no-bake, easy recipe, I figured I’d surprise him with it, so I got everything and Nico helped out with the pouring and mixing as usual.
I did change the recipe a little though so here is what I did & use.
- ¾ cup (180 ml) of 35% cream
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of icing sugar
- 1 tsp (4 ml) of vanilla
- 1¼ cup (310 ml) of soft cream cheese (I used light)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of honey graham crackers crumbs
- 12 heaping tbsp of fruit jam
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat, the cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peeks. (about 4-5 min on med)
- In another bowl with an electric mixer (with clean beaters) whip the cream cheese until it’s smooth. Take your soften cream cheese and mix it in the whipped cream bowl. I did mine in 3 “fold” so to say.
- Split half of your mix in the little containers (in the original the one they use are a capacity of 125ml or ½ cup, I used bigger glasses). Cover that with the graham crumbs and 2 heaping tbsp per glass of jam. Split the remaining of the whipped mix and put on top of the jam. Put 1 heaping tbsp on top as decoration. Cover and fridge for 1 hour or until cold.
I used cherry jam for 1 and apricot jam for the rest (I had less left than thought of the strawberry jam)
Alex chiming in here: Even though Valerie had her worries that I might not like the cakes or they would not taste the way they are supposed to, I am giving them the thumbs up. They are creamier than the regular cheese cake, but it is no bake, so it is normal. When you take all layers, including the graham crumbs, it comes very close to an actual cheese cake. So if you do not like cheese cake, you will probably not have an epiphany with this recipe, but if you like it, you should really like this one, too!
If you like what you see, follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with what we’re up to!