(October 9, 2013) Have you asked yourself before, how can I take spaghetti and meatballs, one of the most classic of combinations in food, and make it even better? Well you may have not, but we figured that we could take it one step further and fully unite them into one – the Inside out spaghetti meatballs. Unite, you ask? Yes, by putting the spaghetti INTO the meatball! Sounds crazy? Maybe, but it works and it is very easy and very tasty to boot!
…the cut spaghetti and mix it all up really well. Next up you form the mix into roundabout golf ball sized balls and place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet (if you are afraid of leakage, you can also use some aluminum foil) and put them in the oven at 375 F for about 20-25 minutes.
Now it is up to you, if you would like to serve them with a nice spaghetti sauce, with rice or just plain as our resident picky gourmet Nico prefers them. But one thing is for sure, spaghetti INSIDE the meatballs works great!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- ¼ cups oats
- ⅛ c milk
- 2 tbsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 c cut cooked spaghetti
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cook spaghetti and cut into small pieces.
- Mix milk and oats and let sit.
- Chop onion.
- Mix ground beef, onion, garlic, egg, oat mixture, oregano, salt, pepper, spaghetti, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Make about golf ball size meatballs and place on a parchment or aluminum foil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake on 375 F for 20-25 minutes.