(Apr. 10, 2014) This month’s sensory from the series of Lemon Lime Adventures is scented dough! The only stipulation was that it was scented, the rest was open, but so many scented doughs already have been done, cloud dough, play dough and all, so for a whole month we were agonizing about which dough to make and more out of a joke I said to just make a cookie and scent it with cocoa. And Valerie looked at me and said that she was thinking exactly the same! We were not quite sure, if this would qualify, but it is a dough and it is scented, so we decided that it was close enough, lol. Obviously we could not really hide anything in it, but I think that this is enough of a twist on this, no?
So the premise was easy. Make dough, scent it, cut it, bake it, eat it. And making everything was as easy as pie, well, cookies. The “Best Ever Chocolate Cutout Cookies” – and we made them even better!! All we needed was to add cinnamon (1 teaspoon), an extra egg yolk and chocolate chips (dark and milk (1/4 cup each))!
…then we beat the butter and sugar, followed by the egg…
…added the dry ingredients…
…rolled, cookie cut, baked and…
Yum! (He was just goofing off for the photo, he had several of them since then, so they are Nico-approved
The participating blogs are:
Lemon Lime Adventure~Look! We’re Learning!~Glittering Muffins~Still Playing School~Little Bins for Little Hands~Natural Beach Living~The Eyes of a Boy~Powerful Mothering~Wildflower Ramblings~I Heart Crafty Things~Delightful Learning~The Life of Jennifer Dawn.
Please read the following guidelines before linking up.
- Share family-friendly posts related to the month’s theme. Feel free to link old or new posts that highlight your favorite recipes for sensory dough. Failures and unsuccessful attempts are welcome.
- We ask that no posts are linked with copy/paste recipes from other sources. If you use a recipe from another source, please link back to the original recipe.
- By linking up, you give permission to share your post and one photograph in future posts and through social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that others have shared. Discover new ideas and meet new friends!
- If you would like to, please grab the 12 Months of Sensory Dough button for your blog.
The linky will remain open for two weeks. On the 12th of each month, all co-hosts will post a new dough with their spin, highlighting at least one post from the month before and pin each post to the 12 Months of Sensory Dough Board.