(May 9, 2014) Our dough of the month in the “12 Months of Sensory Dough” series of Lemon Lime Adventures is moon sand. Instead of dusting off the good old spaceship and jetting out beyond our atmosphere, we simply followed Imagination Tree‘s gloriously simple three ingredient moon sand recipe!
The only differences to the original recipe was that we doubled the ingredients and used already colored sand instead of powdered paint to color it (because we could not find this paint around here if our life depended on it). He loved to mix it and break up all the little clusters, so he was Crusher and Grinder and Stomper, all rolled into one!
A very nice side effect was that we could finally re-introduce our I Spy twist to our series and Nico loved digging up the stuff. And only after this he wanted glitter and even though he added what seemed to be a huge amount, it turned out to be just right
He has introduced his sandbox ice cream cone making set, with which he makes cones and then we put them upside down (he calls them trees) and he would cut them down. He would make mountains and then dig trenches through them… Unlike some of the other doughs, which we did once and that was it, he is still playing it with it every day even after several days, so this definitely is a success!
The participating blogs are:
Lemon Lime Adventure~Look! We’re Learning!~Glittering Muffins~Still Playing School~Little Bins for Little Hands~Natural Beach Living~The Eyes of a Boy~Powerful Mothering~Wildflower Ramblings~I Heart Crafty Things~Delightful Learning~The Life of Jennifer Dawn.
Please read the following guidelines before linking up.
- Share family-friendly posts related to the month’s theme. Feel free to link old or new posts that highlight your favorite recipes for sensory dough. Failures and unsuccessful attempts are welcome.
- We ask that no posts are linked with copy/paste recipes from other sources. If you use a recipe from another source, please link back to the original recipe.
- By linking up, you give permission to share your post and one photograph in future posts and through social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that others have shared. Discover new ideas and meet new friends!
- If you would like to, please grab the 12 Months of Sensory Dough button for your blog.
The linky will remain open for two weeks. On the 12th of each month, all co-hosts will post a new dough with their spin, highlighting at least one post from the month before and pin each post to the 12 Months of Sensory Dough Board.