After last month’s dough never managed to materialise, we are back for November’s entry into Lemon Lime Adventures‘ “12 Months of Sensory Dough”: Salt dough. The dough itself is probably one of the easiest you will find, with just salt, flour and water, hop over to The Imagination Tree for the recipe, we just had to add another 1/4 cup of water, but that’s just the dry climate here.
We decided to let Nico take over, let him dump everything and then mix it. Of course it wouldn’t be Nico, if he did not add a generous portion of glitter to the mix as well
He did a pretty good job mixing it as well, he even dug in with his hands, but it wouldn’t quite combine as planned, so he passed the bowl over to me and it didn’t take long until we had a very nice, silky and pliable dough.
He had a whole array of tools to aid him in his workings, scoop, crocodile rolling pin, shark pizza knife, round cookie cutter and of course his trusted camp lamp to shed some light on the operations. He played with it for three days and if you get the feeling that the amount of dough on the table seems to diminish, yes, he made something else with it, but that is a story for another day (literally :))
The participating blogs are: Lemon Lime Adventure~Look! We’re Learning!~Glittering Muffins~Still Playing School~Little Bins for Little Hands~Natural Beach Living~The Eyes of a Boy~Powerful Mothering~Wildflower Ramblings~I Heart Crafty Things~Delightful Learning~The Life of Jennifer Dawn~Sugar Aunts.
Please read the following guidelines before linking up.
- Share family-friendly posts related to the month’s theme. Feel free to link old or new posts that highlight your favorite recipes for sensory dough. Failures and unsuccessful attempts are welcome.
- We ask that no posts are linked with copy/paste recipes from other sources. If you use a recipe from another source, please link back to the original recipe.
- By linking up, you give permission to share your post and one photograph in future posts and through social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that others have shared. Discover new ideas and meet new friends!
- If you would like to, please grab the 12 Months of Sensory Dough button for your blog.
The linky will remain open for two weeks. On the 12th of each month, all co-hosts will post a new dough with their spin, highlighting at least one post from the month before and pin each post to the 12 Months of Sensory Dough Board.