When summer comes, and you need somewhere to rest, there is nothing great like diving into a pool. But if you are miles from the community pool, what do you do?
You get yourself an above ground pool that is more affordable than constructing an inground one. One such type you should consider getting is the hard-sided above ground pool.
What is the best hard sided above ground pool to buy? Here we have reviewed the top seven models on the market today.
Top 7 Hard Sided Above Ground Pool Reviews
The pools in this review are the best hard sided products and can provide you with the lovely summer you desire.
1. Intex 15-Foot by 48-Inch Metal Frame Pool Set
It is a medium-size pool set made of a metal frame that provides it with the strength to withstand pressure. The steel material is coated to prevent rust and assure you of longer life.
One great thing about this above ground pool is the ease of setting up. You do not require any tool when assembling it or call a professional.
It comes with joints that pin and snap together to create a durable water body. The product gives you a maximum of 15-foot by 48-inch when it is completely assembled.
The package includes a ladder, ladder barrier, filter pump, main kit, ground cloth, surface skimmer, cover, and DVD. You get everything you might need to have a useful above ground pool.
2. Splash Pools Round Deluxe Pool Package 18-Foot by 52-Inch
The pool is made of long-lasting steel that is galvanized to prevent rust. Its frame is also painted to ensure that it repels water that can cause corrosion and damage the pool.
Another great feature is the sturdy resin ladder that you can use to get in and out of the pool. That ladder has a lift-off staircase that prevents your kids from accessing the pool when you are not around.
The pool also comes with a 1 HP motor and pump that helps to circulate the water to give you a clean facility. It also makes use of standard thru-the-wall skimmer to remove debris from the water.
The package also comes with a step-by-step installation DVD that can ensure you assemble your unit the right way.
3. Bestway 15-Foot by 48-Inch Steel Pro Round Frame Pool Set
The pool has a steel frame that gives it the durability you desire in a family swimming pool. One thing you should note is the product is made of lightweight materials that ensure you carry it with ease.
There is also a filter pump with a guide on how to use it. That provides you with a clean facility that you can use for long.
The 800-gallon filter cartridge and filter pump allow you to use your pool when you assemble it. You also get a heavy-duty PVC kit that you can use to repair any leak that occurs.
There is also a DVD that you can watch to learn how to maintain your swimming pool. You can quickly empty the unit using the drain valve – it attaches to standard garden hoses.
4. Splash Pools Oval Deluxe Pool Package 30-Foot by 15-Foot by 52-Inch
It is the perfect above ground pool for the whole family and is made of a metal frame that gives it strength. The product is large enough to provide you with the need space for resting when the sun is hot.
Its steel walls are galvanized to prevent rust and corrosion that can occur due to pool water and chemicals. Another notable feature is the molded resin covers that provide it with durability.
It also comes with a resin ladder that can allow for easy access to the pool. You can remove the staircase to prevent your kids from accessing the facility when you are not around.
The pool uses the standard thru-the-wall skimmer to clean the water and has a 1 HP pump and motor. You also get a setup DVD that can make installation a breeze.
5. Splash Pools Round Deluxe Pool Package 24-Foot by 52-Inch
It is another hard sided above ground swimming pool that is made of galvanized steel material. That gives you a robust model that can withstand constant use and water pressure.
The system also boasts of a sturdy resin ladder that provides easy access and exit. You also get a 1 HP pump and motor that helps to circulate the water to give a clean pool.
The pool uses the standard thru-the-wall skimmer to remove debris and trash from the water. You also receive a DVD that can help you to set it up the right way.
6. Splash Pools Above Ground Round Pool Package 12-foot by 42-Inch
It is a medium-side product that can accommodate your family to give you a cool summer. The unit is made of metal frames that provide it with the strength to withstand water pressure.
It is also made of the vinyl liner that can withstand constant use and is not affected by the pool chemicals. Another notable feature is the galvanized pool ladder that allows easy access and exit.
The ladder has resin steps that you can remove to prevent people from accessing your pool. It also uses a thru-the-wall filter to keep the water clean.
You get a lifetime warranty when you purchase this above ground pool.
7. Splash Pools 12-Foot by 36-Inch Pool Package
At #7 is another painted above ground pool that remains free of rust and corrosion. It is made of galvanized steel material that ensures you get a durable product that you can use for years.
The product also boasts a vinyl liner that can withstand any kind of weather. You can use this pool every day, and it remains in good condition.
Another notable feature is the thru-the-wall filter that helps to clean the water. You can swim in a well-maintained facility that is free of leaves, dirt, and other debris.
Hard Sided Above Ground Pool Buying Guide
You might know that an above ground pool is more affordable compared to an inground one. But why would you want a hard-sided model? Because it can last longer.
As you look for hard-sided pools, watch out for the following factors: Liner, Shape, Size, and Material.
Hard-Sided Pool Material
Most hard-sided pools are made of steel or aluminum, but you can find models made of the hybrid materials.
- Aluminum: It provides strength and is lightweight; such a spool is lighter than a steel one. The material is also flexible, and that provides better water movement. On the downside, it can oxidize and rust.
- Steel: It is durable and heavy. These models are also more affordable compared to aluminum ones. The only problem is you can have a hard time assembling the pool.
- Resin: No hard-sided pools are made of 100% resin material as it is not reliable. Such a pool includes aluminum or steel mixed with resin.
Hard-Sided Pool Size
Here you need to consider the length and depth of the above ground pool:
- Length: You might be surprised to learn that these pools provide enough space for swimming around. Although there are models of about 15-foot long, there are others of over 30-foot.
- Depth: The depth can also vary, with the most prominent models reaching up to 52-inch deep. Smaller units offer about 30-inch when it comes to depth.
Hard-Sided Pool Shape
These products come in an oval or circular shape. The circular model requires more space and can hold more water.
For instance, a 30-foot circular pool can hold about 20,000 gallons of water compared to the 13,500 gallons of 30-foot oval one. Oval models are also more expensive and can take time to assemble.
Hard-Sided Pool Liner
Hard-sided pools come with liners that rest inside the metal frame structure. The liner prevents the water from reaching the metal frame. Consider the following:
- Thickness: Some liners are thin, while others are heavy-duty. These liners are also made of PVC or vinyl. A heavy-duty liner is better.
- Type: You can find a J-hook, beaded, overlap, or uni-bead liners. They provide different forms of installation, and you need to choose the one that meets your need.
The above seven hard sided pool can provide you with the cool summer you desire. You can now choose the best hard sided above ground pool for your need.
You May Also Like:
- The Best Pool Vacuum Hose
- The Best Pool Vacuum for Dirt
- The Best Pool Skimmer Net
- The Best Pool Skimmer Basket
- The Best Automatic Pool Skimmer
- The Best Above Ground Pool Pad
- The Best Pool Vacuum for Above Ground Pools
- The Best Pool Leaf Vacuum
- DIY Walk-in Steps for Above Ground Pool
- Intex Pools vs Bestway Pools vs Coleman Pools: Which One Is Better?