Designing and creating DIY walk-in steps for above ground pool is a straightforward process. You only need to buy the right materials and be handy to enough to accomplish this.
Here I will look at how to build steps for the above ground pool using PVC and wood.
DIY PVC Pool Stairs
You can develop wide steps for your pool using PCV. That means you can purchase the material required locally and step just a couple of dollars.
Material You’ll Need
You will require the following materials to build your steps for your above-ground facility.
- 2-inch PVC pipe (two times your pool height, plus 8-foot)
- Six 2-inch 90-degree PVC elbows
- Four 2-inch 45-degree elbows
- Two 2-inch tees (per step) (five steps need ten tees)
- PVC primer
- PVC glue
- Spray foam insulation
- Stainless steel screws
- Skateboard tape for traction
Steps to Follow
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Measure and cut your PVC “steps” (18-inch each), then insulate them using the spray foam into every pipe of the stairs for extra stability. Leave them to dry.
- Cut the rest of the PVC into 12-inch pieces.
theirends using the PVC primer and leavethem to dry.
- Begin with a 90 degrees elbow and joint two elbows with one 18-inch of PVC to form the bottom step of the stairs.
- Connect two pieces of 12-inch PVC to form the height for the following step and top every part with a tee joint. Ensure that you glue them as you proceed.
- Repeat the above steps until you get the desired height of the ladder –
- Apply two 90 degrees angle joint at the top of the stairs and set aside.
- Create the other side of your stairs the same way, but instead of using the 90-degree angle joint on the top, use the 45 degrees one to form slop.
- Attach the two steps and glue them.
- Apply the skateboard tape on the rung to prevent slipping.
Now you have a working PVC ladder.
DIY Wood Stairs
You can also create stairs for above ground pools using wood. Let’s start by looking at the material you will need.
Material You’ll Need
Here are the materials that you will need:
- 3M anti-slip tape
- One 0.5-inch deck screws
- Three 0.5-inch construction screws
- Two 4-step deck stringers
- Arborcoat premium exterior stain
- Three 2x10x10
- Six 2x4x8
- Nine fence board 1x6x8
- Seven 1x4x8
- Cut list 2×4’s
- Two 18-inch long
- Two 49-inch long
- Two 56-inch long
- Two 40-inch long
- Two 53-inch long
- Cut list 1×4’s
- Thirteen 47-inch long
- Cut list 2×10’x
- Six 48.5-inch long
You can choose your preferred measurements. That will also depend on your swimming pool.
Steps to Follow
Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Build the base frame – it should have a tall back. The upper back area will remain open.
- Attach your step stringers to the base using three 0.5-inch screws.
- Attach the risers using 1×4 boards. You will use 5.5-inch (1×6) fence boards to seal the sides.
- Add the steps using 2×10 boards.
- Add the stain to protect the stair from mildew, water, and rot.
- Apply the 3M anti-slip tape to provide traction.
You should note that the two ladders will help you to enter your swimming pool but to existing from it.
Steps Building Tips
Here are five things that will help you make the right steps for your pool.
- Pool material – The material you use matters. Consider the material used to make your pool when choosing the right material for your ladder.
- Pool shape – A square pool will need a different ladder from a circular one.
- One or two steps – You also need to decide if you want the steps to be in one or two pieces.
- Ladder materials – You can make your steps out of plastic, metal, wood, and other material.
- Orientation – The orientation is simply how you build your steps and comfort. They can be ladders, stairs, or a combination.
Whichever material you choose, you can now make your DIY walk-in steps for above ground pool. Good luck!
You May Also Like:
- The Best Pool Vacuum For Inground Pool
- The Best Above Ground Pools For Dogs
- The Best Rectangular Above Ground Pool
- The Best Brand Above Ground Pools
- The Best Pool Vacuum for Algae
- The Best Vinyl Pool Vacuum
- The Best Above Ground Pool For The Money
- The Best Small Above Ground Swimming Pools
- The Best Pool Vacuum for Sand
- The Best Pool Vacuum Robot